Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What To Do With My Little White Dress...

I have been meaning to post this up, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I scored a tea length Jessica McClintock wedding dress off of EBay for $29.00! It was new with tags, and pretty adorable. Well, now to make it look not so much like a wedding dress. This is going to be used on our Alaska cruise next May, so I have plenty of time to anti-wedding it up. Here are some ideas I have in mind...
Photobucket

or...

Photobucket

The second of the two is actually a Stephanie James Couture dress similar to one I tried on when I was buying my wedding dress. I would be using black ribbon instead of the green that's featured (that's not actually real ribbon on there anyways), and adding a black tea length crinolin petticoat to either style.

Here is a picture (horrible as it may be) of the dress. It has enough fabric in the skirt to accomidate a petticoat. It's also a bit more flattering when I'm not in that stance, but it was necessary to take the picture.

Photobucket

Updates to come once I make a style decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment