Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So I fell off the blogging wagon...

Time to get back on I suppose. Sometimes, I just don't have anything worth talking about. I have had a few decorating breakthroughs in the past few months though. I would like to share them, late as they may be.

First, my chair. I was very excited to have found this chair. I was at a consignment shop with my Mother looking for a 1950's era formal dress. Instead, I came home with a chair. I needed a chair (when don't we need a chair, afterall?), but I figured Jeff wouldn't be too thrilled about me spending money. I called him, and luckily I caught him in the middle of playing a video game with his brother. I have a feeling I could have been buying a car and he would have said "ok" to get me off of the phone. Oh well, his loss. Upon falling in love with this chair, I did not realize it's imperfections.

Once to honemoon period was over and I got the chair back to my Mother's house, I realized that I will eventually need to replace the legs. They're ok for now, but one day. It also needed new covering on the underside. Out came the staple gun and a white sheet. An hour or so, and a few iced teas later, it had a fresh underside and was vacuumed and febreezed!

Here's the chair right after giving it a facelift-

Photobucket

And here it is in the apartment. I loved this pillow on it. I wanted something to give it a modern edge; an Anthropologie meets Pottery Barn feel. The colors in the pillow match all the colors in the chair, so I felt it worked in an odd way.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment